It is no accident that my programme is called Slim for Life. The life part is as important as the slim part as far as I am concerned. I do not want you being nice and slim but sitting at home feeling deprived. I want you out there, making the most of your life.
I am certain that you are going to feel better as you lose the fat. You will feel more in control of your life, healthier and better about yourself. Clients who visit my hypnotherapy for slimming clinics in Shrewsbury or in Newport Shropshire get a complete service, getting your weight down is at the forefront but so is what you will do as you become slimmer. I will help you realise your dreams whatever they are.
In this post, I am going to share something with you which will give you an extra boost.
Did you know that eating certain food can directly affect your mood?
Here is a quick guide to some common ingredients in food and what they can do for you what you can eat to change the way your mood
Foods to eat What they contain and how it affects you
- Brazil nuts, meat, fish, eggs contain selenium (this lifts mood and helps combat depressions)
- Liver, green vegetables, citrus fruits, beans contain folates which also help lift depression
- Red meat, fish contain iron to help get rid of lethargy
- Dark green leafy vegetables, dairy products contain vitamin B which soothes irritability
- Nuts and seeds contain magnesium which helps produce serotonin the brain chemicals which help you feel happy and relaxed
- Eggs, oily fish contain acetylcholine which increases sharpness of thinking. So fish really is good for the brain; the old tale is true.
- Cottage cheese, chicken, turkey, oats, tuna contain tryptophan which produces serotonin and melatonin increasing feelings of happiness
- Whole grains contain carbohydrates which sharpens the mind
- Foods to avoid: what they contain and how it affects you
- Coffee, cola contain caffeine which can increase irritability and headaches
- Alcohol can lead to depression
- White flour can lead to unstable blood sugars making you feel tired
- Sugar has the same effect, unstable blood sugars making you feel tired
Next time. Being stressed can make you fat. I can help you change this.